Monday, March 2, 2009

For Today...



Outside my window... Cloudy skies. The kind that don’t bring any rain, just make me tired and sluggish all day. I am thinking... just trying to organize my thoughts for the week. The weekend brought lots of thoughts to muse over.



I am thankful for... Dustin who gets up with the baby in the morning after he has been fed so that I can get an hour more of sleep.



From the kitchen... breakfast dishes everywhere. Monday morning kitchens always seem frustrating to me. Hopefully there will be some homemade wheat bread baking this afternoon… hopefully.



I am reading... Finding Peace Joy and Happiness by Richard G. Scott. It is going slowly because I’m trying to absorb it all. I really like it so far. Dustin had probably heard me say, "In that book I'm reading..." about 50 times.



I am hoping... to feel organized and present today.



I am creating... this blog post.



I am hearing... the kids making pretend chocolate cake. Who knew baking could be soooo noisy!



To do today… clean up kitchen, start laundry, overall straightening of the house, bake some bread, exercise, and I really need to get the kids outside for some fun. Oh, and water the strawberry plants- can’t forget.



One of my favorite things... today it is good music. The kind that you can’t help but learn the words and sing and dance along.A few plans for the rest of the week... I need to get myself organized today before I can make plans.



I must remember… How good of a day Saturday was. A good day just hanging out as a family. I love when nothing MUST get done.



***Journaling prompt ideas from The Simple Woman's Daybook

5 comments:

Hollie said...

Desi, I served with Dustin on his mission and I don't think we've ever met, but Dustin and I were great friends as missionaries. Just want to know I loved reading your birth story. So inspirational and good to know there are other women out there that look at childbirth as a beautiful process. My hat goes off to the both of you for calmly and spiritually handling a situation that could have been so stressful. I check your blog occasionally to see how things are and am glad to hear Dustin is taking such good care of you. It sounds like we'd be good friends. We'll have to give you a call the next time we're in Vegas.
Hollie (Van Wagoner) Sorenson

Anonymous said...

I wish I was there making pretend chocolate cake! :(

Miss you guys!

Amber and Jared said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber and Jared said...

Desiree!
I was blog hopping one morning and stumbled upon your blog! It's crazy what a small world, blogging world especially:), it is...Your kids are so cute and have gotten so grown up since I last saw them! Congratulations on your new baby! You are so brave having him at home...I looked into a midwife in Cedar City, I went to a few appointments and chickened out...maybe someday! Congratulations again, he is beautiful!

Kathy said...

So I saw your blog on Kelly's and couldn't resist a good read. I love your birth story. How amazing that was, thanks for sharing.

Love ya!
Kathy